Brought to you by BOMA/Suburban Chicago's Education Committee.
In the field of property management, you have probably collected countless certificates of insurance from tenants and vendors. Did you ever question whether there was a legitimate need for a certificate in a particular situation? Are you confident that the language contained in a certificate was appropriate and accurately provided coverage while minimizing your risk?
If you've ever had any doubts about a certificate you've had to collect or issue, you don't want to miss the Certificate of Insurance Training Course offered by BOMA/Suburban Chicago's Education Committee. In this course, Randy Levine, Cooper and Allison Insurance Agency, LLC will be our instructor and lead us through an overview of the details you need to be aware of when asking for a COI, including:
- How to read a certificate of insurance
- How to tell if all of the required coverage has been obtained by your tenants and contractors.
- What a certificate covers and what supplemental endorsements you should obtain to go along with the certificate.
- The difference in protection between a certificate of liability and property insurance.
- Understand the different types of insurance claims.
- Understand the difference between indemnification, tenant and landlord insurance.
- What is waiver of subrogation?
Attendees Earn CPD Units!
Attendees will earn .25 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) units.
Fees: BOMA members can attend this event for $45. Non-member property professionals can attend this event for $55. Non-member vendors will not be admitted.
Register: Registration will close on Friday, June 7.
Cancellations: Cancellations must be received within 24 hours in advance of the event to receive a refund.